Highlights in the History of Kettering Animal Hospital
Dr. Lewis B. Randall established the Kettering Animal Hospital on East Dorothy Lane, in 1959. Built in the middle of a cornfield on a small two lane highway, the practice originally catered to the needs of both small and large animal clients. In 1960, Dr. Charles D. Ackley joined the practice and eventually purchased it nine years later. Soon thereafter, the practice expanded to three doctors and the building went through additions and renovations to keep pace with the rapid growth of veterinary medicine. Over the next decade, many veterinarians got their start at Kettering Animal Hospital and went on to open other successful practices in the area. Dr. Dennis A. Kulasa joined the practice in 1981, after practicing in a mixed animal practice in Eaton, Ohio. Dr. Allan Schulze joined Kettering Animal Hospital after his graduation from veterinary school in 1982.
Dr. Ackley retired in 1991, after many years of dedicated service to Kettering Animal Hospital and the veterinary community.
In 1993, after graduating from The Ohio State University, Dr. Dawn Stiens joined Kettering Animal Hospital as an associate veterinarian. Originally from Cincinnati, Dr. Stiens now resides in Centerville.
Dr. Amber Beck, also an OSU alumnus, joined the practice in 2005 shortly after her graduation from veterinary school. She lives in Beavercreek with her family, but grew up in Indian Lake, Ohio.
Dr. Christy Spinks is the newest associate at Kettering Animal Hospital. She joined the practice in 2013, following her graduation from Iowa State University. She and her husband currently reside in her hometown of Xenia.